Prevention focused personal safety program for kids and teens.
1. Employers will often approach people in the mall about job openings.
2. Taking someone along to an interview is a good personal safety habit.
3. "Handicapped" men asking for help in isolated areas need to be reported to security.
4. Public parking garages are always a safe place to go to your car alone.
5. When you get inside your car, you need to put things away and put your personal belongings on the floor before locking the doors.
6. Charming and/or helpless men can be deadly.
7. It's safe to leave a drink unattended or accept one that is already open at parties with friends.
8. Dads you don't know well should not pick you up or take you home from a babysitting job.
9. If stopped by a vehicle with flashing lights in an isolated area, it's safer to call 911 and ask to go to a public location.
10. Using headsets with earphones while jogging or working outside has nothing to do with personal safety.
11. Taking the same route all the time while walking or jogging is a good personal safety habit.
12. You need to protect your identity when online because predators can gain information even from your email address.
13. It's okay to meet someone off line if you stay in a public place.
14. People who seem safe may be different when you're alone with them.
15. Doors need to stay locked when you're home alone including to people you think you know and in spite of sounds outside the door.
KinderVision Foundation, a 501c-3 nonprofit organization, established in 1991 is a recognized charity of Major League Baseball since 1992.
® The KinderVision name, logo, the KindiBear name and The Greatest Save are registered trademarks. © 2016. All rights reserved.